Sometimes, foods and snacks that seem like a healthy choices are actually full of sugar, carbs, and saturated facts. If you want to be sure you’re eating the right foods, follow the guidelines below and you won’t make a mistake.
- Oatmeal contains plenty of fiber and is great for controlling your cholesterol levels and fighting heart disease.
- Avocado provides around 20% of the daily needed dose of fiber—if you only eat a half-cup serving. It’s a great source of healthy fats, too!
- If you need more omega-3 fatty acids in your life and you’re not a big fan of fish, snack on walnuts! You can eat them alone or add to salads and other dishes.
- Replace meat with mushrooms and you’ll get a healthy, low-calorie lunch in no time. Mushrooms are great as a pizza topping, in many cooked dishes, or in salads.
- You’re missing so much if eggs are not a part of your diet. Egg whites are basically pure protein while yolks are full of vitamin B12 and vitamin A.
- Pumpkin is a fall staple and you can make so many fun recipes with it. Don’t forget to add some pumpkin pie spice for that specific fall taste we all love.