If you are a weight lifter, then you’ve probably heard of pre-workout, a supplement that a lot of fitness enthusiasts consume to help them perform better in their workouts. Maybe you’ve wondered if you need it or considered buying some for yourself, but aren’t sure what it actually does or if it’s necessary. If that’s the case, here’s a quick guide that will help.
What is Pre-Workout?
Pre-workout is a supplement, usually in the form of a powder or a drink, that is meant to be consumed prior to a workout.
What Ingredients are in Pre-Workout?
Most pre-workout supplements have all or some of the following ingredients:
- Beta-alanine, which reduces muscle fatigue
- Citrulline malate, which improves endurance and leads to faster muscle recovery
- L-Theanine, which improves focus
What Does Pre-Workout Do?
Pre-workout is formulated to improve your focus, boost your energy levels, and reduce fatigue so that you can get the absolute most out of each and every workout.
Who Should Take Pre-Workout?
You can benefit from pre-workout if:
- You want to maximize results and feel like you need something to help give you an extra boost
- You want to increase your training intensity
- You don’t usually have enough energy for your workouts