Even if going on a hike is the worst thing you can imagine, it’s hard not to love trail mix. Filled with fruit and nuts, this homemade version is packed with energy and should keep you going for a few hours.
- ¼ cup whole shelled almonds
- ¼ cup dry-roasted peanuts
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup dried coconut
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pitted dates, chopped
- 2 ounces dried apricots or other dried fruit
- Toss all the ingredients into a bowl and separate into individual portions which you can package.
- For extra flavor, it is possible to roast the almonds.
- It is also possible to chop the dried fruit, if desired.