For some of us, squeezing in a morning workout before starting the day sounds near impossible. But making the most of your mornings doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to wake up at the crack of dawn. This great cardio routine only takes 10 minutes to complete and it doesn’t require any special equipment.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms by your sides.
- Lower into a squat position and place your hands on the floor.
- Kick or step your legs back into a plank position.
- Jump or step your legs forward to return to a squat position.
- Return to the standing position.
Plank Hip Dip
- Start at an elbow plank position, then slowly rotate the spine to lower your left hip just above the floor (about one to two inches from the ground).
- Return to elbow plank position.
- Now repeat the movement on the other side.
- Continue to alternates sides, allowing your hips to arch slightly in the middle as you transition from side to side. Keep your core engaged throughout.
Lateral Lunge to Single Leg Hop
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart.
- Take a big step to the right side with your right foot, and immediately bend your right knee, send your hips back, and sink into a lateral lunge, keeping your left leg perfectly straight.
- Push off your right foot and as you bring your right foot back to the starting position, hop up on your left foot, without placing your right foot on the floor.
- Land lightly on your left foot, and immediately lean into another lateral lunge on the right side.