Almost everyone loves pizza but unfortunately, we don’t always have the privilege of snacking on it. Here are two amazing recipes that’ll make you rush to the store to buy the ingredients to make your own easy pizza. And the best thing about the pizzas? They’re absolutely low-carb meaning you can enjoy it without worrying about the added calories!
Low Carb Chicken Crust Pizza Recipe
Chicken crust pizza? You heard that right. The crust is primarily made of shredded chicken with no flour at all. Read on to see this unique recipe. It’s extremely easy to make and only requires 6 ingredients (you can add more ingredients based on how many toppings you need).
- shredded chicken
- pink salt
- shredded parmesan cheese
- Cut the shredded chicken into smaller pieces and blend them in a high-speed blender.
- Add some of the shredded parmesan cheese.
- Add the seasonings: salt and pepper.
- Place the base on parchment paper.
- Add slices of pepperoni.
- Add some more cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees or even more if you want it extra crispy
- Optional last step: top it with a few pieces of baby arugula for some added greens.
Spinach Flax Chicken Pizza
Flax crust? Yup, it’s a thing. It’s also a much healthier alternative to the traditional white dough based pizza. You can make a meat-based version or even a vegan version.
- 8 cups Baby Spinach (packed)
- 3 large Eggs (or chia seeds if you’re vegan and prefer an alternative egg option
- 1 cup of Bob’s Red Mill Flaxseed Meal
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese (or vegan cheese)
- pink salt
- vegan sausage or chicken sausage
- canned tomatoes
- fresh rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add in the 3 large eggs or chia egg, shredded mozzarella or vegan cheese and the flax meal to a high-speed blender.
- Afterward, lay the base on parchment paper on a baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Pulse the canned tomatoes, rosemary, and seasonings in a high-speed blender.
- Coat the flax base with the sauce.
- Add the toppings and sliced vegan/meat sausages.
- Bake for another 30 minutes or until it looks cooked.
Now you can enjoy your own homemade pizza without having to feel guilty. Show your friends how easy it is to concoct this recipe!