If you’re looking to train your abs, there is a huge variety of exercises to help you achieve your goal. However, not all ab exercises are created equal. The five exercises below were proven to be extremely effective in training abs. They stimulate a lot of abdominal activity and stimulate your muscles more than other standard exercises. Give them a try if you really want to see results.
- Place your hands directly under the shoulders (slightly wider than shoulder-width) as if you’re about to do a push-up.
- Ground your toes into the floor and squeeze glutes to stabilize your body.
- Bridge up and position your body in one straight line. Pull your abs in tight and hold for 30-60 seconds.
The Bicycle Crunch
- Lying on your back bring your knees up to a 90 degree angle and keep your hands by your temples
- Crunch up and twist across the body while simultaneously performing a bicycle motion with your legs. When you crunch up to the right, draw your right knee in and vice versa. Repeat for 20-30 reps total.
- Lie on your back with your hands tucked under your bum with your knees bent.
- Bring your legs up to a 90-degree angle from your torso.
- Pull your knees in towards your chest, squeeze, and slowly lower to starting position. Repeat 15-20 reps.