Some people prefer to work out alone. Others would never consider going to the gym without having a friend by their side. If you’re not sure which style fits you best, here are some pros and cons to consider of working out with a gym buddy.
- Gym buddies can be incredibly motivating and hold you accountable to making it to your workout.
- You always have somebody to spot you on your lifts.
- You don’t get as bored at the gym with somebody to talk to.
- You have somebody who you can chatter with endlessly about working out without boring them to death.
- You can do fun partner exercises and workouts.
- You have less flexibility about where and when you go to the gym.
- It’s harder to cancel on workouts without feeling bad.
- It can be more difficult to focus.
- Your workout doesn’t serve as “me time” in the same way.
- It can be difficult to find your stride on your own if, for whatever reason, you and your gym buddy break up.