Personal trainers can be an incredibly useful tool for helping you get started on your fitness journey or teaching you the skills you need to know to meet your goals. But sometimes, you start to wonder if it might be time to stop seeing your trainer and start trying to do it on your own. Here are some ways that you can know that it might be time to call it quits with your trainer.
- Your training sessions feel like the same thing again and again, and you’re not getting anywhere or learning anything new.
- Your trainer doesn’t listen to you when you say that you want to change something about your routine.
- Your trainer pays more attention to their phone during a session than they do to you.
- You don’t find your trainer motivating.
- Even worse, you find your trainer demotivating.
- You aren’t getting any closer to your goals.
- Your trainer cancels sessions on you at the last minute with little to no warning.
- You find yourself wanting to cancel sessions at the last minute because you don’t actually want to be there.
- You feel ready to get out there and do it by yourself.