They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but not all of us have time for it. We tend to grab whatever we can and head straight out the front door, instead of making time for a hearty meal. Baked egg cups are a great solution to this issue as they’re easy to transport and they’re packed with protein and nutrients. Here’s how to make them.
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup feta
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and spray a twelve-cup muffin tin with cooking spray or line them with silicone baking cups.
- Put the eggs and egg whites into a large bowl and whisk them. Season them with salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat with 1 teaspoon oil. Add the chopped veggies and cook for 5-6 minutes, until they’re soft and the onions are fragrant.
- Add the sauteed veggies into the bowl with the eggs and add feta and parsley. Mix well.
- Pour the egg mixture into muffin cups.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until the eggs are no longer runny and you can insert a toothpick into them and it comes out clean.
- Allow the eggs to cool and enjoy!