Food plays a huge role in our mood and we’re not just talking about being hangry. If mornings are a stressful time for you, whip up this chocolate cherry smoothie. Cherries are known to reduce anxiety by boosting serotonin, and cacao increases blood flow to the brain which will keep you focused.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cherries
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon raw nut butter
- 1 ½ cups spinach or mixed greens
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 cup hemp milk
- Remove the pips from the cherries.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender (this can be done the night before, barring the milk) and whiz until smooth.
- If preferred, add ice cubes.