There’s no better refreshment during summer than a tall glass of iced tea, but when you’re trying to eat healthily and avoid empty calories, you usually don’t have the luxury of sipping on sugary drinks in the afternoon.
The good news is that we have a recipe for a delicious yet low-calorie iced tea. The only sweetener is honey and you can even make it without it and it will basically have zero calories.
- 4 oz water
- 1 tbs dried hibiscus flower
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- Ice cubes
- Sparkling water
- Mint spring
- Boil water and add hibiscus flowers. Let soak for 5 minutes.
- Strain and remove the flowers.
- Add honey and stir until it dissolves. Place in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Shake chopped strawberries and fresh mint in a cocktail shaker for a minute.
- Add ice to the shaker and pour the hibiscus water, then shake for a few more minutes.
- Strain the drink into a glass filled with ice.
- Add sparkling water and garnish with mint spring.