We love topping our breakfast bowls with granola, but the storebought one is loaded with sugars and calories. This granola is not only tastier, but it’s healthier since it’s made with whole grains, unrefined oil, and it’s naturally sweetened. It’s also super easy to make and you can play around with the mix-ins and spices until you find your perfect combination. Here’s how to make it.
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 12 cup raw nuts or seeds
- 1 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup dried fruit
- additional mix-ins: 1/2 cup chocolate chips or coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine oats, nuts/seeds, salt, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Stir to blend.
- Pour in the oil, maple syrup/honey, and vanilla. Mix until all the oats and nuts are coated. Pour the granola onto your prepared pan and use a large spoon to spread it in an even layer.
- Bake until lightly golden for about 21 to 24 minutes, stirring halfway.
- Let the granola cool for around 45 minutes. Top it with fried fruit and chocolate chips.
- Break the granola into pieces with your hands or stir it around with a spoon.
- Store the granola in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 to 2 weeks, or in a sealed freezer bag for up to 3 months.