Ginger shots are great because you can prep them for the entire week and they will stay fresh in the refrigerator–plus ginger is a natural superstar when it comes to building immunity. This recipe is simple and easy, and you don’t even need a juicer to make it!
(Makes 7 Servings)
- 1 large ginger root, washed and roughly chopped
- Juice from 3 lemons
- 1½ cups coconut water (can substitute with water)
- 2 tablespoons turmeric
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Wash and roughly chop the ginger root. No need to peel the skin!
- Juice the lemons.
- Add ginger, lemon juice, coconut water, turmeric, and cayenne pepper (optional) to the blender.
- Blend until smooth. There should be no remaining chunks of ginger.
- If you want your shots to be super smooth, you can strain the juice through a cheesecloth or strainer–although this is not necessary!
- Pour the juice into a sealed container. Shots can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Drink the shot all at once and enjoy the burn of immunity!