Social media is the place to go for all the latest food trends. One doing the rounds at the moment is the “tunacado” and it’s actually really healthy!
Tuna is the main ingredient in the sandwich and is a fabulous source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids; while avocados are rich in healthy fats, fiber, and magnesium. You can also swap out the mayo for Greek yogurt to add a dose of probiotics!
- 1 can of tuna
- ½ avocado, sliced
- ½ tomato, sliced
- 1 tablespoon basil pesto
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon capers
- ½ tablespoon dill
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 whole-grain or sourdough slices
- Add the tuna, yogurt, hot sauce, capers, dill, salt, and pepper to a food processor and whiz until creamy.
- Toast the slices of bread and spread the pesto on each half.
- Arrange the slices of avocado on one piece and spread the tuna mousse on the other. Top the mousse with slices of tomato.