It can be so hard to find great, healthy dinner recipes. This chicken marsala will only take half an hour of your time. The recipe is meant for four servings and you can bring the leftovers to work the next day.
- 1/2 cup dry Marsala wine
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons minced Italian parsley
- 1 cup crimini or porcini mushroom slices
- Start by preparing the chicken. If you prefer thinner slices than place it between two wax papers and pound it. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Turn on the stove and place a skillet with oil. Fry the chicken breasts for 5 minutes per side.
- When the meat is done take it away from the heat and cover it so that it stays hot.
- Next, cook the mushrooms together with the onion for about 5 minutes. When the onion becomes soft and translucent you can pour in the wine as well.
- Continue cooking for 1 to 2 more minutes.
- If the sauce is too thick you can always add chicken broth.
- Include the chicken to the pan and add extra vegetables if you like. Serve the chicken marsala on a plate and top it off with parsley.