Chicken satay salad is a very simple solution for when you’re craving something healthy and delicious. Here’s an easy, delicious recipe for you to try.
- 1 zucchini
- 2 finely chopped cloves garlic
- 2 large carrots
- 1 cucumber
- 2 large skinless chicken breasts (cut into thin slices)
- 5 finely sliced scallions
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- thumb-size piece fresh ginger, chopped into tiny pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- handful chopped salted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon canola or vegetable oil
For the satay sauce:
- 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- thumb-size piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 1 chopped small red chili pepper
- Get a bowl and add the coriander, ginger, turmeric, sugar, garlic, and cumin. Put the chicken in the spices and let it stay for at least half an hour. A great idea is to leave it overnight as well.
- Set the stove to medium-high and add the oil to a pan. Start cooking the chicken for 6 to 8 minutes until it’s done.
- For the peanut sauce, you need to combine the garlic, chili, ginger with a little oil in a pan. Mix everything constantly on the stove for 30 to 40 seconds. Pour the lime juice, soy sauce, coconut milk, and peanut butter. Let the sauce simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cut the carrots, zucchini, and cucumber into strands. Add the vegetables in a bowl, include the scallions and finish off with the sauce. Top everything off with the chicken and chopped peanuts.