Everyone loves chocolate muffins, but we don’t necessarily love the calorie amount that comes with them. Here is a great alternative to chocolate muffins, that are made from zucchini and coconut flour, great for the keto diet and full of nutrients. Here is the full recipe.
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup low carb sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 oz zucchini, about 1 small-medium
- 4 oz butter or 4 oz ghee
- 1 ounce (30 g) unsweetened baking chocolate
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia glycerite
- 1/4 cup Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 and position rack to the middle of the oven. Spray 10 wells of a 12 well standard muffin tin with baking spray.
- Grate zucchini, place into a colander, and sprinkle with a little salt. Mix thoroughly and let sit.
- Chop the baking chocolate into fine slivers.
- Measure the dry ingredients into a medium bowl and whisk together, breaking up any lumps.
- Melt the butter and unsweetened baking chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl at 30-second intervals.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients in the bowl starting with the eggs. Add the eggs and mix until incorporated. Add the chocolate and butter and mix until incorporated.
- Squeeze the water out of the zucchini and add it to the bowl. Mix thoroughly with a hand mixer scraping down the bowl once.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the 10 wells, mounding slightly in the middle. The batter will be thick.
- Lift the muffin tin a few inches off the counter and let it fall. Top with the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes depending on your oven. Check around 12 minutes. Don’t over bake. Let cool in the pan 3 minutes before removing.